Wednesday, April 28, 2010

39 weeks and Changing Our Tune...

Sometimes a lullaby really isn't a lullaby at all. It's all in who sings it and how it's sang....

My favorite lullaby as a child happens to be one of those songs.
My daddy always used to sing me the song "Little Bird, Little Bird" which he learned in high school choir. It is actually a song from the musical "Man of La Mancha" which is a muscial adapted from the original play "Don Quixote" about the Spanish Inquisition. The most famous song from this musical is acutally "Impossible Dream." Odd choice? Yes, we know, but it was a song my dad knew well. So, while "Little Bird, Little Bird" is really not well known by many, and not a traditional lullaby, I know the entire song by heart and always have!

Thanks to the wonders of the Internet, I was actually able to find a recording of someone singing it! And so...I have decided to add this song as the tune of our blog since I plan to sing it to Baby G very, very soon!

Here we are at 39 weeks. Baby G, we are so ready for you! Lots of contractions, but everything just fizzled into nothing. On a more positive note, we are so happy you have stuck it out this entire time and look forward to your healthy arrival!




However, I must note that Ron and I had a wonderful weekend going down to the LUAP festival to enjoy some Mexican food for Cinco De Mayo, seeing Dutch Dance and trying to walk Baby G out at mulitple garage sales and the Art in the Park. We also spent lots of down time at home making tacos (note a spicy food theme?) and playing games together like Skip-Bo and TriOminos. Yes, we are that boring on at Saturday or Sunday night, but my Freddie Flinstone feet needed a rest, and it was so nice to spend time together.

We got our photos back from our maternity session and love them! Christina from Closer to the Heart Photography did a great job! Here is a sneak peek on her blog if you are interested....but be forewarned **Bare Bellies Ahead**

http://closertotheheartphotography.blogspot.com/

Here's to hoping for updates with baby photos soon.....

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love your maternity photos! That is neat that you could incorporate the quilt in one of the photos. Wow, your ticker says "1 day to go". I can't believe it. We'll be watching your blog for an announcement!!

    ReplyDelete