Sunday, February 28, 2010

Baby Shower

I am so blessed to have such wonderful friends! As most of you know, I meet monthly with a regular group of ladies for book club. It's a wonderful social time, and exposes me to lots of interesting books I might not have otherwise chosen on my own. I especially love going since working at home since it is some interaction with real people! Some of the girls in book club offered to throw me a baby shower. I was so surprised and feel so blessed to have such wonderful friends! Almost everyone from book club could make it, as well as many of my friends from my old workplace, Knape & Vogt and some other friends including Maria, Terri, Jill and Mom V. It was so nice to see everyone again! I am so thankful to have you all in my life.

A special thanks goes out to Sherrie who was a fabulous host! Her home is always so inviting, and she is a wonderful cook!

Baby G---I've told you this before, but you are so loved by so many already! Everyone is so excited to meet you and cannot wait for your arrival---although we are all in agreement that you need to wait a few weeks to make your appearance:)

You gave us a little scare on Friday before my shower by giving us multiple episodes of Braxton-Hicks contractions. Thankfully, nothing was consistent and you settled down before the shower. Thanks for reminding your Mommy she needs to remember to take it easy;)

We had a wonderful time playing games and socializing and got sooooooo many gifts! We recieved a ton of cloth diapers and wipes, butt cream and a wet bag to get us started on our cloth diaper journey from Mom and Dad V as well as a diaper sprayer from Grandma S.

We also received a baby bather, adorable frog Humidifier and monkey baby activity gym. As well as some things baby G can use a bit later, which will be so nice! Like a Bumbo, an umbrella stoller, sand pail, and shopping cart cover. Some really unique boutique items including some little argyle socks with the letter "G" all over them for baby G :) Bowls, spoons, lotions, toys, burp cloths, blankets, bottles, pacifiers, etc.! Too much to list!

There were even some handmade items!! Including the tiniest knitted booties you have ever seen from my friend Jennifer as well as a handmade hooded towel and a "magic" hanky that is a bonnet but turns into a wedding hanky for the baby (if it's a girl) or his bride (if it's a boy) from my friend Stephanie.

Mama G even got her own special gift from Terri--a gift certificate for a pedicure! Ahh...this will be fantastic time of relaxation and a much-needed outing after baby G arrives!! I plan on making it an event to remember:)

I'm sure I forgot some things, so please forgive me:)
So, without further ado...here are some photos from the event:

Here is my 30 week belly pic before the shower---new haircut this week too:)


Here are some general snapshots from the evening:


Oh, and here is a photo that would have been so cute (pretend my eyes are open! LOL.)

Thanks again everyone!!
Lots of love,
Jen, Ron and baby G

No comments:

Post a Comment